Monday, December 27, 2010

Upcoming Art Exhibition @ Fandangles' Restaurant


Patiently Waiting 24 x 36" $450


Well, my blog has certainly been neglected for the past six months or so. I had hoped to have regular updates every few weeks or so, but unfortunately that did not occur. Up to my last post, I was basically preparing my plein air painting strategies for a change from winter greys to spring greens. I completely missed the boat on making many lush, green paintings. Instead, I spent much of my time outside enjoying the summer months without my trusty paintbrushes. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I just had my first child, Vann J. Nelson, on July 30, 2010. Not too long after my last blog post, I realized that I had more to be concerned with than painting: becoming a father!

It has taken several months to get used to his demanding schedule interweaving with mine, but somehow I had found some time to paint this winter. So I think it actually helped me some, in not painting for several months. It gave me a little time to step back a bit from where I was at in my own mission as a painter. So these new paintings are similar to past pieces, but slightly different in their own ways; most notably, they are slightly more saturated and brighter (less greys).

Anyhow, with all that being said, I have a two-person art show, with artist Robert J. Huebel this upcoming January at Fandangles' Restaurant in Flushing, Mi. For those that are unaware, Fandangles' is a quaint, elegant restaurant offering fine cuisine and a unique dining experience. As their slogan suggests, " The Gallery for Artistic Palettes". Each month they feature two artists to adorn their walls with artwork. The piece shown above is an example of new work and will be at the upcoming exhibit. Hope to see you there.

Opening Artist Reception: Sunday, January 9, 2011 1-3 pm.

Exhibition Dates: January 9- February 4








No comments:

Post a Comment